Disc 1 (10 tracks) [54:32] --Early Show-- 1 //The Other One [5:17] > 2 Cryptical Envelopment [4:28] > 3 Dire Wolf [5:17] 4 Casey Jones [ 4:32] --Late Show, begin-- 5 Intro and tuning [0:43] 6 Not Fade Away [12:26] 7 Cumberland Blues [5:00] 8 Cold Rain And Snow [5:59] 9 High Time [7:32] 10 Me And My Uncle [3:16]
Disc 2 (4 tracks) [66:39] --Late Show, end-- 1 Dark Star [16:45] > 2 Spanish Jam [9:50] > 3 Turn On Your Lovelig//ht [34:32] --Encore-- 4 Uncle John's Band [5:14]
September 21, 2020 Subject:
After listening to Dark Star on all these...
I prefer this one for the ability to hear Peter Green's guitar, which is barely audible on some as he's laying down some filthy stuff. What a treasure, my 3 favorite guitarists of the era, Peter, Jerry, Duane on stage together for one amazing jam. I bid them goodnight.
February 14, 2015 Subject:
This is wonderful concert, i am new to this site, but can this be saved off to my computer? I would love to put this on my phone for my long runs(in training for my first half marathon) this would be perfect music to kill the monotony.
February 12, 2015 Subject:
Anyone know of any video available?
January 16, 2014 Subject:
I had this on tape for years, but this version is the best! I also have been reading Phil's book, and it is so awesome to finally know where that jam was from, because my old analog copy wasn't as informed. Thanks for all of this, ARCHIVE IS AWESOME! I have contributed, please give a few bucks to these people...they are keeping the legacy alive!
February 11, 2012 Subject:
This one is about as good as any.
It sounds like this evening was an early instance of Garcia's new fascination with single-coil guitars, which was the end of early Grateful Dead as far as I'm concerned.
March 1, 2011 Subject:
Dark Star>Spanish Jam>Lovelight is the serious goods! Spanish Jam is incredible, and hearing Greg on Lovelight is surreal, they are jamming for their life! one of the best shows ever...
January 31, 2011 Subject:
Hot Hot Hot!!!!
I think this is the best NFA I've ever heard. I can't talk about the rest of the show;I'll have to go get a shot because IT'S SICK!!!
December 24, 2008 Subject:
the other version sucks nutts
September 13, 2008 Subject:
to paraphrase phil....
Was reading “Searching for the Sound” and had to look up this show after Phil talked about it in almost 3 pages of his book… here are some notes I took while I was listening:
• Jerry says to Phil of the ABB on their way to this show: “make sure you check these guys out… they’re kinda like us… They jam hard”
• Phil was startled when he heard Duane’s slide during Dark Star… Jerry hadn’t told him anyone would sit in
• Gregg “slides onto the organ bench” during Spanish Jam
• “Peter Green from the Mac plugs in just as I’m pulling the music into the dominant minor … he and Duane seem more comfortable in this space.”
• Butch joins on drums
• Mickey attacks his gigantic gong
• Mick Fleetwood and Danny Kirwan “find room to join the festivities”
• “it’s a surprisingly coherent free-for-all, with five guitarists , four drummers, organ, and – Pigpen roaring over it all”
• “Gregg takes a verse … Sounding like a fifty-year-old black man even then.”
• Pig and Gregg trade vocals
• Berry Oakley takes over on bass about halfway through Lovelight as Phil just wants to listen
• There’s a smokestack theme running throughout
• “my mind starts to stretch out of shape… Everyone on stage is flat-out wailing”
After the show, “I walk outside – it’s daylight, and snow is falling gently on the streets of New York… I grab Bob and Jerry in a group embrace: This is what it’s all about.”
i just listened to other version of this show (with like 56 reviews), which was great, but the quality of this one seems just as good. there are patches for the some of the missing segments (if not simply a more complete version).
July 7, 2008 Subject:
Whats the difference between this version and the other one?